EMAIL INQUIRIES TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL MEMBERS please RENEW your membership BEFORE doing your
online skills maintenance / proficiency – thank you
WET & DRY PROFICIENCY: To be Advised for 2022/23 Season
With 49,000 volunteer patrolling members keeping our beaches safe nationwide, Surf Life Saving Australia has a responsibility to ensure each and every one of them is equipped with the most up to date training and qualifications. That’s why every year, all of our qualified lifesavers undergo a process called Skills Maintenance.
This guarantees that their lifesaving skills are in sync with current scientific research and literature in drowning prevention, first aid and beach management. It also ensures they are fit enough for active patrolling duties.
A Bronze Medallion qualified lifesaver has to demonstrate, at least annually, that they can:
- Perform resuscitation on people of all ages
- Run, swim, then run again a specified distance within a maximum period of time
- Conduct a board or a tube rescue in the surf zone
- Communicate using a range of internationally recognised SLS hand signals and radio terminology and technology
Members that hold additional qualifications such as Advanced Resuscitation, First Aid, Spinal Management, Inflatable Rescue Boat Crew or Driver, need to also show they meet the skills maintenance requirements of these qualifications too. It’s a huge undertaking to ensure that every year our lifesavers are equipped with the knowledge, skills and fitness to patrol Australia’s beaches.
Cudgen Headland Surf Life Saving Club Skills Maintenance Sessions for 2022/23 season have not yet been set. Please check back regularly for updates.
Please review the attached 2022/23 SLSNSW Pre-Season Information Pack which includes:
- changes to policies or procedures,
- links to key reference material to review prior to the season
- key tasks to complete before the season starts
- key dates to be aware of.
- 2022-23 Pre-Season Information Pack
Your online Skills Maintenance modules 2022/2023 for both SRC and Bronze Medallion are now available for you to complete through your Members Portal at the SLSNSW Portal. Please review the attached information sheet to access your online Skills Maintenance modules.
(NOTE: there may be updated modules to complete prior to the practical assessment).
Patrol Captains, vice Captains and members who hold the SMBM award please complete the patrol captains supplementary online learning located in the same area as your Skills Maintenance modules.
- Skills Maintenance Information Sheet
If you need assistance please EMAIL: email@example.com